Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sad reminder why I'm doing this.

Yesterday was a sad reminder of why I'm cycling as a fundraiser for Ms.  A lady with MS in Calgary died in a house fire, she was immobile and was trapped.   This is a fear I believe all people with MS have.  The lose of choice, having to have others responsible for you and  relying on others for your daily care.   This is why I am so passionate about the endMs campaign, as one of the things they are working on is researching a way for the damaged myelin to be repaired.    This could help people in wheelchairs, to walk with a cane or help with memory, bladder control etc.  It brings hope.     This has really hit me hard, it reminds me of my friend who passed away from complications with the disease and a fellow church member who is now confined to a home.   Maybe it bothers me more because of moving into the stage of  secondary progressive MS, it brings these fears closer to home.   My odds of being immobile are higher.  I love that there is finally some research being done beyond the modifying drugs, as there are many like myself that can not use them.

EndMS Campaign reminds me that there are others out there fighting to bring new treatments and have a passion to brings new ideas to the surface to fight MS.

I will blog again in a few days on a more upbeat message about my cycling, I am taking tomorrow off to get a round of golf in,, my first one this season, and to refuel my spirit.

I will leave this post with a magnet I bought the other day.

Hope is the music that plays from your soul.

I'm not ready for the music to stop, with your support we can make music together.

Peace my friends... Theresa



No comments:

Post a Comment